linux hosting

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Best job of all

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, 
we grow old because we stop playing"
George Bernard Shaw


I have the best job of all! What else could I say about a job where you smile and play all day? No day is same, and you see results of your efforts constantly. You get hugs, kisses and presents every day. Conkers and dry leaves in autumn, flowers in spring and mud and sand cakes all year long.  What can I say about a job where I would pay to do it?! (I am sane enough not to say this publicly) :) But with this job comes the day like today when I had to say good bye to one of my little friends. For me this is the hardest moment of all. Once somebody told me, "You must never get attached to children you work with, they grow up and leave". I answered, "My own children will grow up and leave, should I not be attached to them either?" (Yes, I always say what is on my mind). In whole honesty I believe that person like this would have very hard time before children would grow up and leave. More precisely, any person  would have very hard time working with children if not attached to them to the some extent. Carpenter gets attached to the piece of wood he works on. How could you not get attached to the alive being, full of love and trust? And yes, they do leave your life, they move on. Things are changing fast when you are child. I have been complete mess today, I am never prepared for the emotions that come when the moment to say good bye is there. Tears were running my face but I smiled as I look at confused face of the gorgeous girl I had a pleasure of working with for two years (sorry, playing with for two years). I smile because I know it is time to say good bye. It is time for change. And I am grateful for trust of her parents, I am grateful for being part of her life, for being right there at the beginning of her schooling time. And I am happy that she left us ready for new challenges and feeling that school is great place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment